Fernwood Community Association Board of Directors Meeting Jan 10, 2018
Review of Minutes: Dec 13, 2017
Deferred to February due to version control issues discovered
VCan meeting on Jan 17th. Kalen, Tony and Laurie will attend.
Land use: No meeting took place in January, therefore no report
City Councillor’s report
- First community meeting re My Place shelter yesterday. Ninety new individuals are given nightly shelter.
- Police and neighbours report no problems, eke some improvement.
- Motion to develop an easement at Cameron and North Park
- Speed indicator display approved for placement in Fernwood.
City Hall Liaison Report
- Submitted and posted to FCA website
- Great Neigbourhood Grants approved including the Butterfly Polinator Project.
- Looking toward more organizational support from City Hall with local area plan.
- Decommissioned Wharf Street kiosk-type signs on offer to Fernwood.
- Weekly neigbourhood cleaning party idea floated
(a) Building No report
(b) Cultural Theatre Inconnu has started working on new play.
(c) Communications: Approximately 350 persons on our main email list.
Treasurer’s Report – submitted
Office Report- submitted
Old Business: One Vital Sign – status of voting update provided by Laurie Rubin. Keith McCallion of the Vic High Alumni Society advised FCA President that fundraising goal re their field has been achieved. They have since abandoned the idea of asking SD61 to sell off some of their properties.
Butterfly Project: Mike Hill, Victoria Emberly, & Tony Sprackett will meet with FCA office staff to set out terms of reference for responsibilities re this project