Victoria’s City Council will be considering the development of a series of protected bike lanes throughout the city. The development of protected bike lanes will require removing either a vehicle parking lane or a vehicle travel lane. Other implications include bicycle & pedestrian safety, dedicated street crossings, traffic volume & flow, and public transit.
Learn more from the consultants developing this plan about the proposed routes in our neighbourhoods and throughout the city:
• Shelbourne & Begbie Streets
• Oaklands Park & Shakespeare Street
• Haultain Street, Kings Road & Bay Street
• Cook Street
• Fort Street
• Pandora Avenue
• Fairfield Road & Humboldt Street
• Government Street
• Harbour Road & Wharf Street
You can preview the routes and proposed plan on the City’s website.